Sunday 9 May 2010

Sunday Favourites Re Run with Chari.


Happy Mothers Day to all.
Here's a chance to see how we dealt with a mini drama but really not a crisis, a couple of years ago when my surrogate child (!) Mr Ben fell in the pond!


Breakfast preparations came to an abrupt halt at 07.45 am today when as I briefly glanced out of the open door I saw our cocker spaniel, Ben, struggling but failing (!) to climb out of the pond in our front garden!
He must have walked around this pond at least 5 times a day since he came to live at the Presbytere (almost 8 years ago) and this was the first time he had ever taken a dip.
I don't know who received the bigger shock him or me, or maybe it was my other half, Roger, as I screamed "Ben's fallen in the pond".


Now, this pond isn't an attractive feature in the garden, the only thing pretty about it is that it's pretty yucky, so when I finally yanked Ben out of there he was in a very digusting state, not what you want to deal with just before your petit dejeuner.

I'll spare you the details, suffice it to say we gave him a very thorough bath using the outside garden hose & masses of doggy shampoo.

Roger then dried him off using my hairdryer until he resembled his former self.

The pix show just what Ben thought of that. Hope you're day get's off to a better start than ours.

Linking through to Chari's @ Happy to Design blog today and her Sunday Favourites Rerun meme, a super idea which allows us to revisit previous posts.

11 comments:

  1. Poor puppy. I liked your last post very much. I had never heard of ashampoo so of course I looked it up. Are you using the free version or did you upgrade? It seems like photoshop by maybe a little more user friendly.

    Have a great weekend!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story -- our Ollie fell in our pond as well but we weren't home!!!! Only the back half, however -- and it was so funny -- he avoided being around that pond for weeks!!!!

    Your Ben is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there - done that....but I needed a shower too, at the end. Our pond is deep and Rosie is a non-swimmer. All I could think of as I swam through years of duck/goose enriched water was all the diseases I could get! Rosie was bathed by The Great Dane and I had the hottest shower, followed by a complete application of antibiotic cream!
    Your Ben doesn't look at all amused by his experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a handsome pupster! Our little dog hates water and we live by a lake, so I guess I'm glad he does ;-).
    I'm green with envy of your life in Normandy. We were there a couple of years ago and fell in love with the gentility of the lovely countryside, pace of life, the wine, the food, the people --- sigh. So glad I found your blog, so I can vicariously visit ^v^.
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggie,

    Poor Ben. I'm glad all turned out well.

    Have a beautiful day.

    big hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an original start to the day!!! At least he smells better now! Have a wonderful rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie, I remember this post fondly. Love seeing Ben in these photos.
    Hope you are having a terrific day. Hugs ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah life with dogs! Cute story! Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just such a heartwarming pst yet a drama with a happy ending!~ Poor puppy!..,

    Please do pop by for a visit sometime also..,

    Cheers from Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. I hope that by the time you finished cleaning him up, you simply went right into brunch with a bloody mary or mimosa! :)
    I've thought this would happen to ours... (knocking on wood) Very scary. Must have been chasing the frogs like ours do. Got a little bit carried away... XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maggie...

    Ohhh my goodness...I bet your Mr. Ben was a bit surprised! I'm so glad that you spotted him since he was having troubles getting out of the pond...ohh my! He sure is a handsome fellow...I can only imagine how he looked after coming out of the pond! Hehe!

    Well dear lady, I'm so happy to have you join in with Sunday Favorites this week..thank you for sharing this post with us!!!

    Have a marvelous Monday, my dear lady!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!