Wednesday 30 November 2011

D is for ducks.

Picture the scene.................

The Senior Partner and I are walking our dogs, Ben and Fleur,
on the path close to the river bank.


We turned down a track and caught sight of a large pond,
in the middle of nowhere,
that we hadn't come across before.
The conversation went something like this:
Me: Look at all those ducks on that pond, and it's hunting season, too!
SP: They're decoys.
Me: Of course they're not, they're real.
SP: Why aren't they moving then?


Trusty Lumix in hand, I walked nearer to get a better look.
He wasn't wrong!
Can you see, on the right, the overhanging roof of the blind
 where the hunters lie in wait for the real wild ducks to land?


This is the entrance to the blind, on the land side.
 I tried to get inside to get a "birds eye view"(!) but it was locked up tight!

Handing in my D assignment to Mrs Matlock
 for Alphabe - Thursday
Hope it get's an "A"!

Jenny Matlock

17 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Maggie, though I feel sorry for the real ducks when they do make an appearance. :(

    Have a great day.

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duck breast for dinner? I might like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad the hunters were no where in sight during your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie. I would never have thought they were not real. LOL Sometimes men know better.LOL
    Lovely photo's and great D word

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, just be careful next time you are in the area. ;-)
    Poor little ducks. Guess that's where the expression: "sitting ducks" originated. They wouldn't have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, that is something I would do too - think they were real. Funny story. Good pictures. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super post for the letter 'D'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Nothing tastes better than French Pressed Duck ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh! That's sad... at least I'm not very good about people shooting animals and birds. But I'm not a vegetarian, so I really don't have a leg to stand on... {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute ducks! I hope they all stayed safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute sweetie!!!

    I think you'd call that duck entrapment!!! Heeehehehee

    God bless ya and have a marvelous weekend sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maggie,

    I wrote to you in the summer about recommendations of where to stay in Normandy before my husband rode our bicycles to the Mediterranean Sea. You recommended Bayeux. We found a great bed and breakfast there and had a wonderful stay before our challenge began. We successfully pedaled to our destination in 14 days. Other than a dog bite that required a trip to the hospital for me, the trip was formidable! Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have thought they were real too, Maggie. Poor little duckies! Sure am glad no one was in the blind when you walked by. What a gorgeous area to take a walk! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Somebody really likes duck for dinner!

    I've never seen such a complex blind set up. Wow.

    I would have thought they were real, too.

    Or else I would have wanted to wait around, wave my arms and scare the real ducks from landing there!

    Thanks for an interesting and delightful link for the letter "D".

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!