Friday 28 November 2014

Christmas in the Country - seasonal festive Home Tour has begun.

The Christmas in the Country House Tour 
hosted by Brooke a.k.a Creative Country Mom, has begun!


Also on the tour today are Carolyn @ Aiken House & Garden
Rita @ Panoply 
and yours truly.

Over 40 homes decorated for the season will be showcased on the tour
between November 28th. and December 12th.
There's also a link party for you to join in with.
Click here.



This weekend you'll find me sitting by a roaring log fire, 
penning Christmas cards to friends and family across the globe.


I'll be enjoying re- reading my favourite book at this time of year 
"A Redbird Christmas" by Fannie Flagg, 


whilst nibbling on a carrot muffin and sipping some delicious pumpkin spice coffee.
The carrot muffin recipe is from Mennonite Girls Can Cook 
which was recommended to me by Mary @ Breath Of Fresh Air.
Click here for Mary's post & link to the recipe.
The classic blue and white china pattern is Asiatic Pheasant.
The plate, which I picked up for a couple of ££ on a trip to Yorkshire earlier this year, 
has the W & B mark of Wood & Barker Ltd, Burslem Staffs, 1897 - 1903.
The mug is a modern day replica of the decor by 
Burleigh (Burgess & Leigh).
They are rightfully very proud to be producing the design 
as their website testifies.

This was the most popular pattern of the Victorian era introduced in 1827. Its romantic gentle blue pattern proved to be more popular than its dark Georgian counterpart Willow. Asiatic Pheasants took pride of place from the kitchen dresser to the dining table. The sheer volume of demand has left us today with many antique pieces. There are modern impostors but ours is as the original pieces were in the 19th century! "

The coffee was an unexpected gift this week 
from a dear friend who lives in Dallas, TX.
she knows how much I love DD coffee!


As part of the House Tour I'll also be throwing open the doors of le Presbytere on Monday (December 1st) and even though I've only just begun to start thinking about getting ready for Christmas 
I hope that you'll come over and see some of my holiday decorating ideas from Christmases past, 
plus a peek at some of my ideas for this year.


I've added some links to previous Christmas posts to my sidebar if you can't wait until then.


Linking this post to
The Christmas in the Country
Holiday Link up Party.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely post, and enjoyed thinking of you by the fire penning Christmas cards. I'll look forward to more of your Christmas deco pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't I love to see your home decorated for real, in person. Your photos are so pretty and festive. I am a coffee drinker--one cup in the morning. Tea later in the day if I need something hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Maggie. I'm part of Brooke's tour today also, and I've included a link to your blog on my post as well. I see you were added today at the last minute, so hopefully this will help increase your views earlier, rather than later. I will be back to enjoy more of your blog. Happy Holidays!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, I can close my eyes and think of you sitting by that roaring fire in your beautiful sitting room reading that wonderful book. Savor the season, my friend. I will look forward to seeing more of your Christmas decor. I hope to begin this weekend.
    Hugs to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely scene you've set for the beginning of this season. Sipping coffee, nibbling a muffin, writing cards - all delightful.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your home in its Christmas garb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Maggie -- how lovely! I would love to participate in this but I don't think my home will be ready in time -- I'll still post later. Yours is great and I will eagerly anticipate your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cozy and inviting!
    Live wreath is beautiful-I bet it smells amazing :)

    I would love if you share your house tour with my Big Christmas Link Party ! :)
    http://milaslittlethings.com/2014/11/big-christmas-link-party.html

    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read that Fannie Flagg book! It's sweet! Everything looks festive and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're home looks warm and festive! Thanks for sharing!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photo of the wreath on the window. The weather beyond it looks so intriguing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful post!Your home is so pretty and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty greenery decor. That fireplace looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet cottage. I love how your decor goes with the colors you already have. That built-in shelf is beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!